Principal Engineer I - CBO National BackboneApply Now Date posted 01/20/2020 Requisition Number: 254405BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Project Management, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Works with design teams and advises team leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for documentation, design, technical support, and guidance to supporting verticals to ensure project success and completion.
- Assigned the most complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and partners.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary
- Tests and reviews system designs
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff and sister verticals.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or related work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- IPv4, IPv6, IGP (ISIS/OSPF), BGP, MPLS, Multicast, QOS, MPLS VPNs, Strong IP routing and switching experience desired
- Scripting/automation and Excel experience is a plus
- Cisco, Juniper vendor platform experience
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, network devices, basic network appliances, and network designing software, such as Visio
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.