Customer Security Specialist - Network Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/17/2020 Requisition Number: 255146BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for responding to abuse complaints against customers; perform security and customer support services under general supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for responding to abuse complaints against customers; perform security and customer support services under general supervision.
- Handle incoming and perform outgoing security related customer service calls.
- Review security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls.
- Educate customers about threats, remediation, countermeasures, and network hardening along with discussions about AUP and copyright violations.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security exceptions, updates, and documents security controls.
- Ensure consistent treatment of customers accused of violating Charter’s Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) regarding high speed data customer services.
- Assist in resolving security incidents and concerns.
- Conduct Malware awareness outreach campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a Client service / support environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in Technical support area.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to provide a high level of service and support to our customer base.
- Familiar with developing/maintaining security policies, procedures, and incident response activities.
- Knowledge of current and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Familiar with control types and methods.
- Able to produce metrics reports on security initiatives.
- Multi-tasking while managing time effectively, and work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.