Summer Internship Network Operations – Inside PlantApply Now Date posted 12/31/2019 Requisition Number: 255251BR Location: United States - Massachusetts - Oxford Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Intern
Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Spectrum / Charter provides.
It's a great time to join the Spectrum / Charter NetOps Internship 10 Weeks Program. Jump in and make your mark on high profile projects and plans. Take advantage of access to our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow your skills!
The ISP Intern will assist Inside Plant personnel with basic troubleshooting, support and maintenance of network elements and connections required to support Spectrum / Charter's revenue generating networks. They will assist to provide enterprise-wide tiered support on converged distribution and access network elements and connections as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with installing and aligning various types of off-air antennas for VHF and UHF television and radio reception..
- Maintain required logs, records and other documentation in compliance with company and FCC (Federal Communications Commission) technical requirements.
- Assist with the development and Implementation of approved methods of procedure.
- Under supervision operate a spectrum analyzer to verify optimum levels and performance leaving ones ISP Facility.
- Follow established checklist and perform daily checks to ensure ISP Equipment functionality.
- Utilize ISP Workforce management tools
- Under supervision perform analog and digital RF channel level measurement and quality testing..
- Currently enrolled and completing an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field at an accredited school or University.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic knowledge of RF and IP technologies, Video Networking, IP and DOCSIS
- Able to work with small components and wires to make cable connections within tight spaces.
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as ladders) within the maximum limitations of that equipment
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, electronics, and Critical Systems (Generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, DC Plant, Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries, Critical Cooling Systems, Fire Suppression, Monitoring Systems)
- Basic knowledge of HFC design and operational experience, optical test equipment (such as OTDR, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, Fiber Light Identifier, Optical Fiber Scope and Optical Power Meter)
- Basic Knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax
- Step ladders, Push, Pull, Sit, Stand, Lifting 50 lbs, ECT
- Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Computer and Field Work environment
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders and fully loaded tool belts
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.