Account Planner - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/14/2020 Requisition Number: 256444BR-1 Location: United States - Florida - Tampa Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Market Research Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative. ..
The Account Planner is a strategic partner to Account Executives. This position plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This key team member is integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. This individual will have a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups. This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a faced paced sales environment.
This position is also responsible for providing post-sale, end to end workflow support, to ensure effective campaign delivery for the Spectrum Reach clients. You will play an essential role in ensuring accuracy and follow-through of order entry related to advertising campaigns. This position owns the relationship cross functionally as a liaison between fulfillment, and Finance and Operations teams.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately enter all orders for linear and digital advertising schedules.
- Review and process orders to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted for cross functional teams.
- Partner with Credit team to ensure that clients demonstrate appropriate credit levels and ensure that signed contracts are complete in full detail.
- Coordinate with Billing to ensure that ad copy scripts are provided and campaigns are appropriately billed.
- Work cross functionally with Traffic/Operations team to ensure correct fulfillment of client campaigns.
- Manage all ad copy for clients, which includes correct distribution of Traffic Instructions and client spot uploads as needed.
- Coordinate Production services through internal production team to ensure on time start for campaigns.
- Manage campaigns effectively, revise and review inventory appropriately.
- Responsible for Make-goods for all reach and frequency accounts
- Proactively pulls information from Client Needs Analysis and works with Account Executives to understand client marketing objectives.
- Create effective data driven multi-screen advertising schedules for all clients.
- Utilize Kantar, Polk, Nielsen, comScore, Set Top Box data and other research metrics to make proposal recommendations.
- Coordinate with Regional Digital Account Planner for multi-screen solutions integrated into overall client presentation.
- Create presentations that can be delivered as complete solutions achieving all client needs; partner with Marketing and Research functions to pull information to tell the appropriate story to clients.
- Maximize inventory usage to ensure proposal delivery.
- Create an open honest communication line with all Account Executives (May need to balance the competing needs of multiple Account Executives at the same time).
- Be able to sell through the rationale of each campaign recommendation for the Account Executive to deliver to the client and be grounded in research and data to achieve client objectives.
- Regularly meet and gather feedback on the client schedules that were built to understand necessary changes to improve future schedules.
- Compare purchased schedule with the original avail to ensure delivery against client needs.
- Utilize tools to ensure all necessary accounts meet Posting requirements.
- Partner with Account Executives to review and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Work closely with Pricing and Inventory to ensure that all inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately.
- Work cross functionally to create and incorporate local packages into schedules.
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Previous experience supporting a team of Sales, advertising, or marketing professionals is helpful but not required. Previous experience in an Ad Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales team is highly preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are helpful.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies.
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’ and the difference between those schedules
- Familiar with writing rationales and/or agency POVs (“point of views”)
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas & calculations. Experience estimating ratings is helpful.
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.