Systems Engineer II - Video Tools and Automation--Project Manager & Analytics.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 01/14/2020 Requisition Number: 256367BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
As part of the Video Tools and Automation Program team, you will support the success of Video Operations managing projects from Intakes to support tool solutions that streamline operations and improve the overall Video Operations Goals and metrics. Will be responsible for handling full project life cycles and responsibilities, ability to create technical documentation, create and distribute communication newsletters, executive PowerPoints and Analytical reports as needed. Drives identification and adoption of best in class operational practices and procedures. Designs and establishes corporate operational playbooks, standard operating procedures, Business Requirements, Project Charters and Plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in an agile environment utilizing agile methodology on a daily basis
- Interact with various stakeholders to understand their business needs, communicate project status and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction.
- Design, develop, and implement complex reports and analytics
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Work with engineers to document; facilitate meetings or working sessions as needed.
- Develop, Scope, and implement Project Plans, Business requirements, Communication for all Tools deployments.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and scope out improvements.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation; proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team if needed.
- Perform detailed requirements, Timelines, diagnosis risk, update tracker, and provide updates in Jira/Chalk ticketing system as needed.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the Engineering community to ensure projects on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards, and meets customer expectations.
- Leverage various data and technology resources to augment analysis, as well as, expertly using tools and analytics to provide insight and make recommendations.
- Use advanced data and coding techniques to provide concise and compelling summary of analysis findings in reports and presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience with multiple project management disciplines
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Basic knowledge of advanced video equipment and operations.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity.
- Strong understanding of multiple project management disciplines.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions from stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching, Virtual Machines/Network and ticketing systems, such as; Source, Remedy, and SAP.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, SQL DBs, automation software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Project, and full Microsoft office suite of tools.
- Strong knowledge of Atlassian-Jira/Chalk applications and workflow
- Knowledge of technical writing and documentation
- Tableau certified or advanced knowledge
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- PMI/Agile certified or equivalent experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.