Facilities Maintenance Assistant II (W.219th NY,NY)Apply Now Date posted 01/16/2020 Requisition Number: 256675BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Administrative, Field Operations, Field Technician Position Type: Full Time
Provides support duties to the organization as needed. Assists with Facilities' needs to provide accurate, efficient and timely maintenance services for internal stakeholders and vendors. Offer and coordinate assistance and support for all other departments in order to meet facility needs and requirements including but not limited to building preventive maintenance, installations, general repairs, and overall upkeep of region’s properties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of property to identify and address immediate maintenance needs.
- Assist with ensuring all facility equipment is safe to use and functioning properly.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on repairs, PM visits, upgrades, and replacements.
- Assist staff members with any maintenance issues.
- Responsible for alerting management of facility deficiencies as they arise.
- Inspection of fire safety regulations as required by law and City regulations.
- Review and Respond to all work orders in a timely manner, ensuring KPI compliance and excellent customer service.
- Assist with security system updates
- Assist with placing orders of amenities supplies
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies. Inform when supplies need to be ordered.
- Must possess cleaning, basic painting, basic mechanical, basic plumbing, basic electrical, light carpentry, lighting, and computer skills.
- General knowledge of fire safety standards and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the facility.
- Computer skills: Basic Word, Exl, Outlook skills
- To approach tasks pro-actively and have Service-Minded attitude
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both stakeholders and colleagues.
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to facilities team and all other house departments in the pursuit of shared departmental goals.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- 2-3 years related work experience
- Plumbing, Electrical, Construction experience highly preferred.
- Building Maintenance experience ideal.
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
Education, Certification & Licenses
- High School Degree or related work experience
- Driver's license - Travel between local offices and local vendors will require use of company pool vehicle.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.