Sr. Telecom Billing Analyst - Circuit OperationsApply Now Date posted 01/17/2020 Requisition Number: 256497BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Finance and Accounting, Network Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Telecom Billing Analyst / Cost Analyst will primarily focus on invoice processing and auditing/verifying the bills that Spectrum receives. The Senior Telecom Billing Analyst/Cost Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting accounting, financial, and statistical data, including the preparation of monthly financial statements, researching and resolving circuit transaction and/or billing discrepancies with vendors and vendor contract review and variance comparisons and project-based initiatives and special analyses as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis and interpretation of billing support data produced by the vendor and/or internal sources (including trouble-shooting for anomalies and contractual rate validation.)
- Files and tracks vendor disputes as determined by contractual rate analysis. Anticipates and predicts additions, changes and deletions that should reflect in the next monthly billing. Calculates accruals for any adjustments not reflected in billing.
- Analyzes vendor aging for outstanding balances. Mediates with Accounts Payable and vendors to resolve payment application discrepancies.
- Analyzes and interprets monthly cost variances and trends as reported in Financial Statements. Design and build database query reports to enable decision making and support monthly billed trends.
- Collaborates with vendors and manages disputes by holding periodic follow up calls with assigned vendors. Researches contracts to determine validity of vendor position.
- Codes assigned invoices to ensure proper classification within monthly financial statements, based on information received from the field, inventory system, circuit service orders, etc.
- Reconciles assigned accounts to ensure payments are received and posted, open balances researched and credits used appropriately.
- Builds and maintains inventory lists as required. Ascertains and identifies if disparities exist. Validates and audits monthly rates to contractual terms for multiple vendors.
- Determines, quantifies and summarizes monthly cost accruals. Utilizes internal controls to protect company assets/inventories. Obtains and maintains tax exemptions from vendors where applicable.
- Identifies and investigates problems in financial processes as it relates to recording of monthly cost invoices and recommends continuous improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Finance / Accounting experience
- Minimum two (2) years of professional work experience in Analysis and Audit of invoices
- Minimum two (2) years of professional work experience with an Accounting or Invoicing Systems Application, such as SAP, Sage, CABS, PeopleSoft.
- Ability to analyze and interpret invoice and billing data in a detailed manner, and communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and straightforward manner.
- Capable of Managing multiple projects and tasks, able to plan, prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to use critical thinking to make decisions and problem solve issues while working under pressure, and to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties and work independently.
- Work well with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
- Proficient knowledge of PC, systems operation and software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications products and services.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Intermediate to Advanced functions.
- Understanding of common Telecom terms, understanding of LERG
- Familiarization with Least Cost Routing service, and Call Detail Records
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.