Date posted 01/29/2020
Requisition Number: 257158BR
Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village
Area of Interest: Administrative, Client Relations, Design, Development, Mobile
Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We are at the intersection of technology and entertainment, supporting more than 28.5 Million Spectrum customer relationships in 41 states, with over 90,000 employees in the US and revenues exceeding $40 Billion annually. JOB SUMMARYThe Vice President of Accessibility will not be satisfied just to meet accessibility legal requirements, but rather to design experiences that are useful and useable to all of our customers – design that considers the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender, age and other forms of human difference. Responsible for driving, launching, and refining Accessibility and Universal Design within Charter’s products, features and services. This leader will be passionate about leading Charter’s efforts to improve our experiences for all customers, including those with disabilities.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Leads the Accessibility team.
- Works at the highest level of the organization to launch and manage highly rated Accessibility features and standards across the entire enterprise.
- Leads all planning, strategy and execution of efforts in the area of Accessibility
- Leads all annual budgeting within Accessibility department, as well as with other teams with embedded Accessibility projects.
- Builds effective partnerships and collaborates extensively with the Product, Development, Compliance, Legal, Governmental Affairs, Marketing, Customer Operations and Field Operations
- Develops long-term employee retention, training and hiring plan to continue to increase staff retention and growth
- Works with Product owners to develop and maintain the Accessibility roadmap.
- Develops robust R&D programs to build and test new Accessible technology throughout the company.
- Provides guidance and assistance to all areas of the company that need Accessibility program development.
- Regularly interfaces with other executives across the company, driving Accessibility initiatives.
- Builds and maintains strong relations with customer and disability advocacy groups.
- Produces and analyzes reports measuring the performance of Accessibility efforts across the company.
- Oversees project inputs to deliver against product functionality and timeline.
- Oversees development milestones, project timeline, budget and go-to-market activities.
Education Bachelor's degree or equivalent experienceRelated Work Experience Number of YearsExperience in the area of Accessibility, Compliance,Assistive Technologies and/or product management 10+in a consumer services/product organization:Experience in writing Accessibility requirements forcustomer-facing apps and user interfaces (not limited 10+to online/mobile): Significant experience managing/training creative andtechnical teams to deliver high quality Accessibility 10+features and standards in very aggressive timeframes: Significant Experience in teaching and embedding bestpractice Accessibility processes into design, development 10+and testing teams: 10+Demonstrated project management and projectleadership experience: 10+ WORKING CONDITIONS Office environmentTravel as required
- Expert knowledge in Accessible technologies
- Expert knowledge in Accessibility compliance, mandates and legal requirements
- Strong knowledge of functional testing for people with various disabilities
- Competitive instinct with an informed opinion that is deeply rooted in the Accessibility community
- Ability to communicate and deliver presentations effectively
- Ability to respond quickly to changing market needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Conversational in HTML and front-end code languages
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop market forecasts for new products and services
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to manage and train cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to meet with advocacy groups and other working groups within and outside of the company
FCC Unit: 13541
Business Unit: Cable Operations
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.