Senior EditorApply Now Date posted 01/29/2020 Requisition Number: 257428BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
This role works directly with multi-functional teams to develop new content as well as review current support content, and meet with product owners, customer support, user experience, and legal stakeholders to ensure content is up-to-date, consistent and, adheres to the brand voice. This role requires deep experience creating online support content at a large technology, telecommunications or similar company. Must also demonstrate a strong understanding of best practices in web design and copywriting, have experience using content management systems (e.g., Drupal, Salesforce Knowledge) and presentation software (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) and exhibit excellent communication skills. Must be able to manage large-scale content projects, including new product launches and content audits, and set strategies to improve our current processes and offerings.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Create content plans and manage throughout its lifecycle to create cohesive, clear and concise messages that reflect both business and customer needs.
Lead the creation and delivery of engaging digital content that both captures the customer’s interest and allows them to self-service with little effort.
Work with Marketing and Product teams, as well as external agencies, to review and refine request to ensure consistency with style guide.
Translate troubleshooting and process flows to enable customer self-service.
Track and evaluate customer feedback and continuously iterate/improve content based on feedback and data analysis.
Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts, business leads, and publishers to develop or edit personalized content for accuracy and relevancy.
Lead and facilitate content brainstorming and training sessions.
Leverage SEO and natural language concepts to optimize the customer’s search for support information based on the customer’s terminology and description of the problem.
Create reports and presentations to capture and share online support accomplishments.
Deeply engage with Customer Operations and Product teams to identify current customer pain points and quickly develop new content, particularly as part of new product introductions.
Support service alerts and personalization with timely delivery of critical information and tips for affected customers.
Recommend guide improvements for consistent brand copy across channels and platforms.
Other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of writing copy for print, Web, and audio-visual media, with proven experience in these areas.
- Shows excellent command of the English language with a knack for sentence structure and grammar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An articulate speaker and writer who is able to present ideas clearly
- SEO experience, and knowledge of accessibility guidelines, preferred
- Open to constructive feedback and understands that revision is an essential part of the creative process
- Must be a highly creative and innovative thinker who loves participating in the creative process from brainstorm to launch
- A team player comfortable in a collaborative environment
- High attention-to-detail
- Organized, self-sufficient, and self-motivated
- Strong analytical approach to presenting recommendations and making decisions, including assessing and reporting on customer behavior and summarizing for executive consumption
- Independent thinker
- Customer focused
- Technically savvy, including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, CMS/Drupal, Tableau, and/or Clicktale.
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while coordinating efforts across a variety of functional areas
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines, multiple projects, and other demands
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field, or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of Copywriting/Editing Experience
- 3+ years of Experience in developing self-support and/or online training content
- 2+ years of Project management experience
- 2+ years of Experience in media or telecommunications industries is a plus
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.