Mgr, Business PlanningApply Now Date posted 01/29/2020 Requisition Number: 257289BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for supporting the operational and financial planning and analysis needs of an organization and provides integrated analysis of financial and operational metrics. Responsible for managing the successful development and execution of data-driven financial reporting and data analysis.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing models to predict future financial performance based on trends and business drivers.
Responsible for analyzing costs and metrics for business unit.
Review assigned business unit’s expenses to understand the variances both in trends and to budget and be prepared to present variances to leadership.
Provide support for quarterly expense forecast and annual budget.
Assist in ad hoc information and reporting requests from Leadership
Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong Modelling Skills which includes the ability to review trends, understand drivers and develop models to enhance forecast accuracy and drive process improvments.
- Significant knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work and model a high sense of ownership, collaboration, and execution excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Bachelors in Science degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics required. MBA, CPA or CFA preferred.
- 5+ years of Business Planning/Finance/Accounting experience
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.