Dir, Credit StrategyApply Now Date posted 03/22/2020 Requisition Number: 257910BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for leading a credit strategy, policy and compliance team to enable on-boarding of cable and mobile customers. This position will analyze, develop and implement all necessary underwriting credit controls to support the launch and management of various products and product enhancements. The Dir, Credit Strategy will play a central role in determining the cost benefit of all underwriting decisions, conducting periodic tracking and recommending enhancements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and creates underwriting rules by leveraging prediction models, business rules and other critical attributes, ensuring successful and profitable underwriting of all prospects, subject to applicable policies and regulations.
- Designs underwriting processes by which all decisions will be made. Analyze and develop criteria and process for manual underwriting, where systematic underwriting cannot be applied.
- Partners with modeling team, and Information Technology to ensure flawless implementation and testing of underwriting rule and models. Example: mobile Models will be enhanced in 2020 with additional information such as prior
- Develops and maintain policies supporting underwriting processes.
- Ensures compliance to policies by conducting analysis, and enforcing compliance through governance processes. Implement remediation plan for identified gaps.
- Partners with marketing and sales teams to enhance prospecting of new customers, such as pre-approved credit scoring.
- Works closely with sales and marketing in understanding changes to products or marketing programs and create commensurate changes to underwriting criteria to support the changes.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- General leadership and management in Risk Management
- Deep understanding of credit data and underwriting practices.
- Expert level understanding of financial regulations applicable to credit granting function.
- Strong synthesis and presentation skills
- Ability to design complex underwriting processes
- Ability to influence others and to work effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability and desire to continually expand skill set, and learn from and teach others
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Preferred area of expertise: Credit underwriting.
- Preferred knowledge of consumer and commercial data
- Experience in the financial services or telecommunications industry
Master's degree in any of the Applied Sciences field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related Work Experience
10+ Years - Risk management in financial services or utility companies
8+ Years - Hands-on risk analytical experience.
5+ Years - Leadership experience including analytical staff
Travel as required
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.