Supervisor, Construction (5th Ave Brklyn)Apply Now Date posted 03/14/2017 Requisition Number: 185153BR Location: United States - New York - Brooklyn Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The Construction Supervisor will ensure all field operations are carried out safely, on schedule, within quality standards and within budget.
- Supervises Construction Coordinators and Survey Staff. Use strong leadership skills to effectively manage, train, mentor and coach direct reports to meet goals and expectations. Create a culture of teamwork and demonstrates the value of teamwork through his/her actions.
- Work with Senior Leadership team to rebuild Survey methods and techniques for Pre-field, Walk Out Validation, FTTH overlay and package creation using Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel platforms (including roll out for training).
- Responsible for compliance on all daily, weekly and monthly reporting (i.e. DOCK, Salesforce, Tech Logs, Work Assure, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of monthly budget and analysis of yearly budget.
- Develop and maintain reports on Construction activity and keep leadership informed of progress on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, contractors, utility companies and public officials.
- Coordinates new builds and rebuilds for compliance with Department of Transportation standards (DOT) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, action plans and procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Prioritize projects to best meet business needs.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project. Assigns duties and responsibilities.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Supervises activities of project personnel to ensure timely completion and that project remains within prescribed budget.
- Inspect work performed by Charter staff and contractors to ensure compliance with Charter quality requirements and specifications.
- Coordinates project activities, ensuring compliance with all relevant governmental and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance with all safety regulations and requirements, including but not limited to OSHA rules.
· Computer proficiency and advanced skills in Access, Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and other required systems.
· Knowledge of project management, project budgeting, and project feasibility and analysis is required.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of CATV design, manual drawings, blueprints and building materials.
· Must have a valid state driver’s license and a safe driving record.
· Ability to read and interpret maps and blueprints.
· Knowledge of specifications plans and project estimates.
· Ability to create clear and concise reports, analyze those reports and provide recommendations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all clients, vendors, the general public and employees.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to operate with minimal direction and manage several projects simultaneously.
· Must be able to complete construction projects under scheduled deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
· Associates degree; or equivalent experience and education. Preferred degree in Computer Science, or EE, EET.
· One to three years leadership experience.
· Minimum 3 yrs. construction experience or related technical field within the telecommunications industry.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND FREQUENCY:
May require daily travel to network equipment sites in the area. Possible overnight travel to remote locations with the Region, as needed. Possible overnight travel out of area for training
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go