Security Intelligence AnalystApply Now Date posted 09/22/2017 Requisition Number: 204509BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Facilities/Security Position Type: Full Time
The Security Intelligence Analyst will perform risk assessments and impact analysis affecting Charter assets including employees, customers, products and services. Ongoing analysis of case data from the various Security systems within the organization is a priority. This role will actively analyze risks, identify gaps, investigate anomalies, respond to complaints and develop an approach to communicate enterprise security concerns to all levels of management. During an investigation, information will be obtained and confirmed using various research tools. Information is compiled and summarized in a security analyst report. Once approved by the Corporate Security Director – GSOC / AMU, this information will be conveyed effectively to the appropriate personnel throughout the organization.
The Security Intelligence Analyst will need to be familiar with Security systems (Incident Management, Access Control, Video Management), Micro Strategy, various analytics software and visualization tools, as well as various social media and open source platforms and technologies. Knowledge of data structure and systems structure are key to success in this role. A good business sense, teamwork, and superior communication skills are necessary.
This role will work closely with the Director, other analysts and Security personnel throughout the company and requires a collaborative attitude. Deadlines must be met and support updates provided consistently to management and others waiting for the security analyst reports. Event post mortems, security reporting, risk assessments are a critical part of the security operations and must be provided in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtain information from all relevant sources - Interview data sources
• Confirm validity of information provided by sources
• Analyze data contained in reports. Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data
• Process Information by compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, auditing, or verifying information or data
• Demonstrate understanding of how various issues effect the overall outcome of projects
• Communicate effectively the results of the analysis with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates. Provide information by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Analyze events and statistical information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
• Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, notating cases, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
• Improvement to and maintenance of Business Analysis Practice Area process and templates
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships through developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
• Analyze information and evaluate results to make risk assessment recommendations and choose the best solution and solve problems
• Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used, ensuring others can interpret the information accurately
• Evaluate business operations to identify risk areas.
• Appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information in accordance with Charter Communications policies
• Research or evaluate new technologies for use in systems utiltized in the Security organization.
• Identify though data and scenarios lack of controls and report them accordingly
• BS/BA or equivalent relevant experience with at least two-give years of security experience and/or intelligence experience.
• Prior investigation, fraud examination, data research or analytics experience needed.
• Experience using, working with and researching open source and social media applications, platforms and technologies.
• Demonstrated track record of providing security monitoring and incident management support of highly sensitive, Internet-exposed applications and platforms desirable.
• Proficiency utilizing advanced functions in Microsoft office applications and SQL needed.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
BS/BA or equivalent relevant experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go