Director, Digital Ad Operations - MediaApply Now Date posted 01/17/2018 Requisition Number: 209302BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Ad Buying and Inventory, Ad Sales, Internet/Online/New Media, Operations/General Position Type: Full Time
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
This position leads a team of ad operations professionals in the development, management and fulfillment of Digital (Online, Mobile, Video, Advanced TV, and SEM) campaigns for Spectrum Reach’s National and Local Digital advertisers. The responsibility involves a wide range of focus and requires a combination of operational, technical, and customer service skills. The role requires flexibility, creative thinking, and a sense of urgency – all of which are paramount to ensure our clients benefit from successful advertising campaigns and credible data that informs their business decisions and their continued relationship with Spectrum Reach.
Leadership and Process
- Ensure flawless campaign execution, utilizing quality control measures, training, and mentorship
- Provide leadership, direction, and training to the teams following industry best practice processes.
- Steward campaign management processes, leading to reduced churn, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to operationalize new products, launch new services, vendors, or capabilities and ensure operational processes are understood and implemented.
- Build and sustain relationships with partners, vendors, and consultants as needed to develop successful, scalable solutions that maximize operational efficiency with minimal disruption to the selling process and ensure systems are configured to handle new media products.
- Drive development of documentation, as needed, related to workflows, processes, system configurations and operational guidelines.
- Lead data gathering and reporting efforts to provide data on operational performance and campaign analysis.
- Work with VP, Digital Services to improve departmental efficiency and develop best practices by providing leadership, suggestions, and reporting data to aid in decision making process.
- Provide on-going technical configuration and support of ad tags, ad serving systems, ancillary systems such as Reporting portals for Sales and Clients, and managing third party suppliers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with active campaigns or processes.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for all Ad Ops related technical inquiries from internal & external teams and clients including quality assurance, program delivery, monitoring and performance reporting.
- Lead development of new and improved fulfillment processes, including gathering and providing data for system enhancements and communicating with external groups as necessary and requested on new projects and changes.
- Communicate with external groups as necessary new processes and plan updates as needed and requested.
- Lead logistic efforts and business needs within group including business continuity planning, invoicing, process, plans, and project management as assigned by leadership.
- Evaluate system and process proposals including feasibility, practicality, and technical viability for the fulfillment teams.
- Heavy communication and engagement with internal and external teams is expected.
- Extreme curiosity and sense of urgency/initiative
- Expertise in end-to-end digital advertising processes (planning, inventory, creative, execution, analysis, billing)
- 3+ years of experience managing an Ad Operations team
- 3+ years of experience with DoubleClick (DFP and DSM), OAS, or competitive ad serving technology
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient knowledge of common online media types (display, pre-roll, rich media, high impact, etc.) and content platforms (web, mobile, apps)
- Knowledge of common pricing models (CPM, CPC, CPA)
- Knowledge of common browser compatibility issues and Operating System considerations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
This position reports to the VP, Digital Services
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go