Disaster Recovery Architect – Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 05/18/2018 Requisition Number: 218428BR Location: United States - Massachusetts - Andover Area of Interest: Cloud Computing, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Navisite, Inc., a Charter Communications Company, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. Navisite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on Navisite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
- Formulates and reviews new disaster recovery software, tools and technical methodologies for professional services offerings and delivery capabilities.
- Collaborates with other Navisite groups to promote professional services which facilitate other Navisite services.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise and leadership for disaster recovery planning and execution, hyper scale public cloud, and DRaaS solutions and cloud migration technology domains.
- Formulates criteria for and execute proofs-of-concept for new approaches and platforms.
- Leads the professional services technical presales activities including client meetings, client workshops, RFP responses and solution design in the areas of disaster recovery assessment, planning and execution.
- Leads collaboration with client business and technical teams to review gaps between technical goals and existing capabilities and make recommendations on how Navisite’s services can address. Provides written documentation for client business and technical teams of those discussions and conclusions.
- Provides technical assistance and escalation to implementation and operations personnel on new DR projects and assessments, and provide formal technical offer enablement training and informal mentoring to other employees.
- Oversees and conducts technical review of professional services proposed projects.
- Advanced knowledge of disaster recovery infrastructure services and cloud (cloud computing, migration, disaster recovery, DevOps, high-availability, Virtualization and hosting managed services)
- Proven analytical skills to solve complex technology and business problems.
- Inquisitive nature. Eager to explore new concepts and approaches.
- Ability to effectively translate clients business needs into technical solutions
- Ability to influence technology direction with solid analysis
- Ability to learn and act as a change agent
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to all levels of client organization, including senior management.
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A Plus:
- Master degree
- AWS Certified Solution Architect (AWS CSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Cloud Platform (MCSA)
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Technical architect experience in IT infrastructure, cloud and disaster recovery5-8 yrs
- Proven delivery of architecture and design of disaster recovery solutions software and / or cloud platforms & IT systems.
- Demonstrated successful experience with technical presales activities including leading the technical solution development.
- Experience in vendor product evaluation and recommendations for possible adoption
- Experience with replication tools such as Zerto, ASR, Veeam or others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate with clients, product constituents and senior management.
- Office environment
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go