Sr Program Manager - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 07/13/2018 Requisition Number: 222463BR-2 Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Project/Program Management, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
Responsible for managing multiple the most complex enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple projects. Ensures successful integration of several projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. This job requires extensive technical and project management experience. Is recognized as a subject matter expert in the PM field.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Develops the program strategy, supporting business case and various high-level project plans.
- Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. May also coordinate with multiple project managers to assemble overall program plan.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and mentor to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
- Accountable for the development and execution of project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
- Accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Collaborates with leadership and other stakeholders on program strategy, direction and changes.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development and implementation of the program.
- Mentors a team of project managers and/or other project management staff.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and guidance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show judgement and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Expert ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and strategic projects that impact the organization as a whole
- Expert ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Expert level understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
- Expert level knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- 6-7 years Project Management experience
- 10+ years IT or Engineering work experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is preferred
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go