Financial Analyst - MediaApply Now Date posted 02/23/2019 Requisition Number: 223298BR Location: United States - Wisconsin - Madison Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Finance/Accounting Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for the fiscal analysis within Spectrum Reach and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002. Must be comfortable in a cross-functional environment, be able to problem solve and work independently in a multi-tasked environment, and able to communicate to all levels.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the fiscal processes within Spectrum Reach to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002.
- Partner with Spectrum Reach business leaders to help set financial and strategic direction for the assigned business function/unit.
- Work closely with our leaders to populate, analyze, justify and publish the budget and forecast for the assigned business function/unit.
- Partner with Corporate Accounting with the monthly accounting close including preparing any needed account analysis and journal entries, while determining the appropriate accounting treatment such as accruals, pre-paids, amortizations, coding of expense vs capital, etc. for the assigned business function/unit.
- Provide both written and verbal financial variance explanations during the close, post close, and as periodically requested.
- Publish monthly financials, variance explanations, and other needed performance reports and participate in the recurring calls to review/discuss.
- Assist in the disbursements originating from the assigned business function/unit.
- Various other duties as assigned by a manager
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience
- Two plus years of experience in financial analysis, corporate accounting, or public accounting (auditing), ideally with GAAP experience
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLookup, and macros.
- Solid knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Outstanding business relationship and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and Ariba a plus
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.