iOS Principal Engineer-WirelessApply Now Date posted 01/06/2019 Requisition Number: 225630BR Location: United States - Colorado - Englewood Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
As one of the country’s leading connectivity providers and largest ISPs, Charter appreciates the tremendous value WIFI provides our customers today and how it will power the technological innovations of the future. Today, Charter’s WIFI network serves more than 300 million wireless devices, many of which are smart phones provided by cellular companies, and carries 80 percent of the data consumed on those devices in our customers’ homes and offices.
The wireless device engineering team is seeking a Principal iOS engineer to work on mission-critical projects contributing to Charter’s commitment of building and expanding intelligent WIFI capabilities.
As a member of the wireless engineering organization, you’ll be required to work in an agile team environment where professional respect and communication is key. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You must be fun, energetic, outgoing and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Principal iOS Engineer will own the design, development, documentation, and troubleshooting of our Connection Manager application in addition to new technology projects involving iOS. You should have a real passion for the latest technology trends and be willing to share new technology opportunities with the broader team. More specifically, you will:
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible and unit-tested appropriately
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team in addition to our product managers, scrum masters and project managers.
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with project /development teams to ensure quality function, features and user experience
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issues
- Extensive production experience with iOS application development
- Strong Swift, iOS SDK, Objective-C, multi-threading skills
- Experience building large scale, complex, iOS application optimized for both UX and performance
- Strong knowledge of iOS best practices principles and patterns
- Project experience with enterprise in-house development focusing transactional business data processing and endpoint integrations
- Practical knowledge / experience on integration with 3rd party analytics SDKs is preferred, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager
- Hands on experience integrating iOS applications to backend services
- Working experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- At least one completed application in the Apple App Store -- include the links in your resume or cover letter
- Good understanding of OO Design, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Working experience and knowledge in TDD & BDD development practices
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix kernel programming on networking is preferred
- Self-motivated and passionate attitude -- you wake up in the middle of the night to write down that great idea for your app you saw in your dream
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
- Willingness to mentor and advise other engineering team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
Bachelor’s Degree of higher in related software engineering field
Related Work Experience (Number of Years)
5+ years of mobile software development on iOS platforms and XCode
Sparse travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go