Administrative Assistant (Part Time)- Spectrum News AlbanyApply Now Date posted 11/08/2019 Requisition Number: 252527BR Location: United States - New York - Albany Area of Interest: Administrative, News Position Type: Part Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing moderately complex administrative and clerical support to management. Manages schedules, appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. May coordinate interdepartmental activities in the absence of the assigned manager to support the smooth operation of the system or department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Provides moderately complex administrative and clerical support
- Prepares, maintains, and processes confidential information and correspondence including memos, reports and proposals with high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Copies and distributes correspondence appropriately
- Maintains accurate files and records
- Produces moderately complex reports, graph and charts
- Coordinates travel arrangements for management
- Prepares and coordinates on/off site meetings and events including hotel arrangements, catering, audio/visual needs, etc
- Operates office equipment including fax and copy machine; troubleshoot for minor repair and maintenance
- Maintains calendar and appointment scheduling for assigned management
- Sorts and distribute incoming mail
- May executes special or continuous research and moderately complex data analysis
- Performs liaison function when appropriate
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, to bend, to talk and hear, and to read and use a computer
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy
- Ability to use 10-key adding machine
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to use, handle, and manipulate objects such as paper, pencils, keyboards, and mouse
- Ability to work while seated for prolonged periods of time
- Knowledge and ability to use the following office equipment computer, telephone, copier, fax, calculator, and stapler
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of assigned business unit’s policies and practices
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College course work in Business or related field or equivalent work experience desired
- 3+ years of Administrative/Secretarial work
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.