Facilities and Fleet Administrator- Spectrum News AlbanyApply Now Date posted 11/06/2018 Requisition Number: 229302BR Location: United States - New York - Albany Zip Code: 12206 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Facilities/Security, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is focused on the morning news, which means early mornings, but it also means primarily being off about noon
Being one our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for:
Responsible for administration of all aspects of the physical site locations, establishing and maintaining successful office management practices. Works with facilities on all office equipment purchases, leases, and maintenance, office supplies. Assists in maintaining security and safety measures in coordination with the on-site security team and facilities department. Responsible for managing the fleet support needs and serves as the point of contact for all day-to-day needs. Duties include but are not limited to administration of records related to management of maintenance and fuel expenses, maintenance and repairs, fuel cards and expenses, EZ-Pass, inventory tracking, vehicle assignment and tracking, title and registration management and GPS management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Maintain, monitor, and manage vehicle titles. Ensure title information is kept current in the fleet management database.
- Work with fleet management group to ensure fleet is in-line with industry standards, company policies, and regulatory standards.
- Schedule required DOT inspections and safety inspections. Ensure external fleet appearance is maintained to company standards. Communicate and escalate any issues that may arise.
- Provide monthly reports on maintenance expenses, fuel expenses and inventory levels.
- Ensure all maintenance work is completed timely and properly. Ensure preventive maintenance plans are adhered to and that vehicles are adequately maintained. Track maintenance costs.\\Track all expenditures for facility, fleet against budget.
- Work with Fleet group on receiving and distribution of new vehicles. Monitor and resolve any quality or delivery issues. Assist with the assignment of vehicles, including pool/spare vehicles. Perform periodic vehicle inventory and ensure fleet inventory database is kept current. Assist with proper disposal and tracking of obsolete vehicles.
- Work with Facilities Management Group to maintain all building security protocol, related equipment, establishing and communicating emergency and security procedures, and that all aspects of the building are kept up. This includes but is not limited to HVAC, UPS, utility power, plumbing, roofing, generators, electrical, building interior/exterior, etc.
- Act as the liaison with the fleet maintenance and fuel management companies.
- Perform monthly vehicle inventory and utilization audits.
- Communicate and administer Health and Safety procedures to meet OSHA requirements.
- Maintain meeting schedules and provide event planning services of on-site management team.
- Point of contact for vendors performing work on-site and to vehicles. Ensure the integrity of repairs/maintenance work performed on fleet vehicles and facility. Review vendor invoices for accuracy. Communicate and escalate any issues.
- Assist in managing vendor relationships (e.g., beverage machines, catering, office equipment, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and reprioritized as needed
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc. )
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment with or without direction
- Ability to work with others in a team environment to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements and work nights, weekends, and overnights on occasion. Schedule is subject to change
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on price, delivery, quality, etc
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of Facilities and Fleet experience
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
- Participate in an established on-call rotation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds at varying distances
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go