Master Control Operator - Spectrum News AlbanyApply Now Date posted 07/10/2018 Requisition Number: 222001BR Location: United States - New York - Albany Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Buffalo, Rochester and New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. The channel first launched on October 11, 2002.
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Responsible for the execution of On-Air Transmission(s) and Technical Quality of incoming and outgoing programming. Operate all aspects of Master Control and Audio Operations in a 24 hour news environment for multiple markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In Production Control (PCR):
• Mix all Audio sources needed (mics, vo, sots, pkgs, music, etc.).
• Quality Check all Mic and IFB signal prior to live/recorded production.
• Set up Studio Sets, prepare all audio needs for talent and guests.
• Places all cameras in position for production needs.
• Operate Shotoku Camera Control Panel.
• Recall teleprompter scripts and operate if needed.
• Relieve Master Control Operator.
• Assist Technical Director/Producers in reviewing live/records to meet on-air standards.
• Schedule Operators for production and provide training for new staff.
In Master Control (MCR):
• Operate Master Control switcher and all control room devices and integrated systems for multiple markets.
• Ensure proper execution of master control tasks including on-air automation for news wheel(s) and commercial playback, along with switching to air, live elements such as traffic or weather reports and breaking news instances.
• Providing accurate counts and cues to Traffic, Weather Talent and Control Room producer/directors for on-air reports.
• Consistent quality check of transmission and return of on-air product.
• Prepare and complete Discrepancy reports when problems occur.
• Record product air checks for backup needs and archive purposes.
• Cross-Train with Media Manager and Ingest team.
• Notify supervisors and support staff when news channel is experiencing technical difficulties.
• Must use KRONOS Timekeeper for your timecard and signoff.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum college degree or technical school training preferred.
• 1-3 years television master control or production experience preferred, preferably in a news environment.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules as well as overtime when called for by operational need.
• Experience with computerized automation and news systems preferred.
Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, with 31 Networks across 12 States. Our commitment is to create relevant, timely content essential in the day to day lives of the people who live in the communities we serve. Additionally, our breadth allows us to share relevant content across our nation-wide networks, increasing our opportunity to share timely stories. We truly believe in continually redefining and re-establishing how we engage with our viewers and their local communities. Each Spectrum Networks’ employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go