Supervisor, Operations - Spectrum Networks AlbanyApply Now Date posted 11/19/2020 Requisition Number: 269841BR Location: United States - New York - Albany Area of Interest: Network Operations, News, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
~~Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for a Supervisor, Operations r esponsible for the execution of all areas of operations, complete thru the process of production to our on-air telecast of live on-location and in-the-field, and pre-produced program content. The ability to operate in all areas of operations, including Audio/Video, Control Room, and Production Truck operations. Supervise, coach, critique and assess the skill levels of all direct reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise field, studio operations and productions.
• Schedule the work-flow of production assignments.
• Schedule on-and-off-site personnel assignments
• Troubleshoot processes and equipment, and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Structure operational procedures in all area.
• Conduct Site Surveys for in-the-field productions.
• Oversee the Production Staffing
• Manage Team vacation/holiday/personal time.
• Manage KRONOS Timekeeper timecards for Team.
• Conduct interviews for Open positions.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge on system operations and environment.
• Maintain Training documentation and operational Training.
• Maintain Inventory of station production equipment
• Execute cross-training opportunities
• Analyze operational workflow.
• Report to Manager, Operations
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Outstanding communicator and team builder, ideally with track record of cross-functional successes and accomplishments.
• Valid Driver’s License
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
• Thorough knowledge of television technical and production processes, procedures, technologies and workflow demands.
• Supervisory experience in television news, or production preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, management in a customer support environment.
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
• Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
• Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
• Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.