Market Area Environmental Waste Coord - AnaheimApply Now Date posted 02/15/2020 Requisition Number: 258329BR Location: United States - California - Anaheim Area of Interest: Administrative, Field Operations, Project Management Position Type: Full Time
- Leading various California Environmental compliance efforts including understanding and interpretation of waste regulations and requirements for Charter, recordkeeping, and submission of regulatory reports to the State of CA related to waste and chemical management.
- Develop and implement environmental and waste-related training within Management Area
- Develop and support environmental and waste programs for Spectrum Stores and Tech Center locations including
- non-hazardous and hazardous materials management,
- trash and recycling segregation and waste hauler liaison,
- universal and hazardous waste management
- physical maintenance and organization of the waste storage/management areas
- Serve as the main point of contact (POC) for Charter’s emergency response vendor in relation to incidental spill/leak/release cleanup activities.
- Liaison with Management Area Safety, Field Operations and facilities teams responsible for the generation of waste.
- Communicate and escalate EHS and waste management -related concerns with all levels of Management EHS-related issues as identified to Safety, Facilities, and Operations.
- Review program operations through audits and inspections for compliance, identify program strengths and weaknesses and areas of non-compliance, and recommends corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hazardous Waste Training Certificate (RCRA)
- DOT Hazmat Transportation 49 CFR 172.704 training
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Experience operating powered industrial trucks
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 18 years old
- 2-3 years of experience or a combination of education and experience in CA Waste Management
- Ability to take and pass the RCRA/DOT training course
- Experience with inventory, bin types, containers, and tools used to move product in warehouses
- Ability to work extra hours as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer)
- Understanding of Shipping, Receiving and Operations processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at all levels
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and work with the highest level of accuracy
- Able to work productively in an independent or team setting.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to prioritize work
- The ability to lift/move items that weigh up to 65 pounds
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid California driver license
- Must submit to and pass drug screening
- Ability to travel throughout assigned Management Area (60%)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.