2020 Summer Intern: Network EngineeringApply Now Date posted 01/31/2020 Requisition Number: 257659BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship, Network Engineering Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Computer Science
- Data Science and Analytics
- Engineering Management
- Information Technology
- Natural Sciences
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Auditing network elements and updating systems of record
- Initiating site audits and updating systems of record
- Process documentation and process improvement
- Design minor augments to network elements; port capacity additions, NID upgrades/removals
- Initiate and confirm adequate completion of services provided by datacenter vendors
- Respond to and complete service requests for datacenter services and facility assignments by other engineering teams
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Excel, must be able to populate, manipulate, filter and summarize data
- Power Point
- Exposure to SQL or other query language
- Exposure to Java Scripting or some other scripting language
- Experience accessing switches or routers via Command Line Interface
- AC/DC Circuit Analysis
- Knowledge of common network devices and their function; switches, router
- Any common IT certifications or training; CCNA, CompTIA, A+, Network+, JNCIA, MEF(not required)
- Project Management certifications or training(not required) Network Inventory Management Tool like Granite(not required)
- JIRA(not required)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.