2020 Summer Intern: Network Service & ManagementApply Now Date posted 01/31/2020 Requisition Number: 257656BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Data Engineering
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Responsible for maintaining scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems that support data operations for Reporting, Analytics, Applications, and Data Science by gathering and processing raw data at scale. Profiles data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy, and completeness and delivers solutions by developing, testing, and implementing code and scripts. Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and consumption.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Entry-level coding/scripting experience using Python, R, shell scripts
- Entry-level experience with SQL, Tableau, and ETL techniques
- Entry-level background in Linux/CentOS installation and administration
- Introductory knowledge in data storage that demonstrates knowledge of when to use a file system, relational database, or NoSQL variant
- Introductory knowledge Spark, and Hadoop/Hive
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Interest in learning new techniques, methods, and concepts regarding data
- Interest in learning programming languages
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.