2021 Summer Intern: Network DevelperApply Now Date posted 10/23/2020 Requisition Number: 269505BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Intern Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above student graduating in May 2021 with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Cloud Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Network Engineering
- Network Operations
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include:
A Network Developer is responsible for developing, deploying and testing microservices, application and user interfaces, service templates and resource adapters (i.e. plugins). We are searching for someone who is passionate about DevOps and can contribute code with our development team! This person will not be afraid of the terminal and be naturally curious. They will be working alongside other developers and contributing using Git and primarily coding in Python.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Python, Cisco, CCNA, CCENT, DevOps, Git
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.