Digital Associate Producer - Spectrum News AustinApply Now Date posted 01/08/2021 Requisition Number: 272303BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Content Development, Digital, Production Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks Digital Associate Producer identifies and creates content on-line and on social platforms. Identifies needs for digital initiatives to go with linear stories, liaison and reporters, to make sure they are submitting accurate digital content, constantly innovating augmented content to go with online and social stories, displaying proficiency with social platforms and digital tools. Adobe Photoshop and Premiere experience is preferred. Must know Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Should be familiar with analytic concepts. Responsible for writing content for digital products, including assigned news channels’ websites, mobile applications and social media sites.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares online news and feature stories based on on-air scripts and information provided by the assignment desk, wire services, newspapers, press releases and field footage
- Copies edits for accuracy, clarity, factual content, grammar and spelling while maintaining editorial standards and reporter’s personal style
- Handles publication of text, video and images to site, using online publishing tools and other computer programs
- Uses a combination of editorial judgment and online performance metrics to set editorial tone of site by placing news stories in a compelling order and effectively promoting them on social media
- Utilizes social media tools to promote online and on-air content, and to post updates on developing news stories
- During breaking news situations, writes original news stories in AP print style
- Maintains highest degree of quality and ethical standards in presentation of material
- Operates Adobe CQ5 content management system for publication of stories
- Uses Dalet newsroom management system to access source material
- Encodes video clips for website using newsroom video tools
- Captures still images from video clips for stories and uses file transfer program to upload video clips to website
- Uses online tools to manage news channel’s social media accounts and to send out text and e-mail alerts
- Monitors site metrics on various dashboards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must demonstrate proficiency at multi-tasking and must have the ability to prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal: has contact with media and general public with excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Operate Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system for publication of stories
- Leverage Dalet newsroom management system and programs
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Pro-active, self-directed, enthusiastic in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Knowledge of HTML and broad-based computer applications is strongly preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field or comparable television work experience
- 1-2 years of editorial experience producing news, sports and lifestyle content
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.