Inside Sales Representative – Retention
Are you ready for your next big opportunity? Our Representatives are consultative professionals who use empathy and a deep understanding of Spectrum’s exceptional suite of products to address caller concerns and strengthen the customer relationship. No matter your background, we’ll help you develop the skills you need to grow with us, to reinforce brand and technological awareness, and to create the relationships that lead to a positive customer experience.
- Full Time
- Reliable Work Shift
What makes a successful Spectrum Retention Representative?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I love working at Spectrum for the people, the environment, and for the positive atmosphere. I continuously learn on the job, which makes me a better person inside and outside of work.Nykeela, Inside Sales Representative – Retention
Inbound Sales & Retention
Learn more about our range of residential, small and midsized business (SMB), and retention representative positions.
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our organization is filled with a diverse group of hardworking people.
A DAY IN LIFE VIDEO FOR RETENTION SALES
Check out our video and learn what it’s like to be an Inside Sales Retention representative!
We encourage the continued education and development of our employees and recognize development through education is an integral part of personal and professional growth.
Charter will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Health Benefits, Life Insurance, and Disability
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision), Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
Paid Training and Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Paid Time Off, Vacation and Sick Time
High Earning Potential
Lucrative commission structure with six figure potential
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 01/11/2019 Requisition Number: 233656BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Customer Service, Marketing, Other, Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
- Full-time, entry and midlevel sales and support role emphasizing customer relationship-building and product knowledge in the communications and entertainment technology space. Advancement potential and additional commission bonuses.
- Inside Sales Representative – Retention: A persuasive communicator and good listener with a competitive, goal-oriented nature ready to learn a variety of programs and platforms, comfortable in a busy office environment.
- Benefits include paid training and time off, comprehensive health packages, free Spectrum services, tuition reimbursement and more.
What is the Inside Sales Representative – Retention role?
As a Retention Representative, you’ll learn the art of active listening and apply your problem-solving skills to deescalate customer concerns. Use your way with words to engage you callers, reinforcing the range and power of Spectrum’s unique products and their value to generate sales. Provide exceptional service by promoting our campaigns and saving plans to customers all over the country from one of our comfortable modern call centers. Alleviating customer concerns and bringing them around to value-added plans will be your specialty as you seamlessly transition between conversation and computer billing and requisition programs. As a diplomatic specialist, you’re all about appealing to customers with data and tact. You’ll even collect commission bonuses for your qualified core upgrading efforts, which can boost your salary to six figures.
It’s all about learning and growing
This may be a new road for you, but the journey is all mapped out. With lots of dedicated peer and mentor support, our fully paid training programs shape our Representatives into quick-thinking authorities. We’ll bring you up to speed on Spectrum’s product suite – and our competitors’ products – in about a month, including telephone, data, wireless, and video. As products are updated, so are you, so you can pass that knowledge on to your customers.
With a deliberate path to success
We know that the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. Most of our supervisors started as Representatives themselves, proving that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Peer-to-peer mentoring and regular coaching sessions ensure you feel supported and have everything you need to succeed. Get started at a Fortune 100 company and see how far you can go.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services, education assistance, child care discounts, and a selection of other programs to help support you and your family.
What’s required to get started?
The minimum requirements for Inside Sales Representatives – Retention are:
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straightforward and professional manner
- Ability to empathize with the customer
- Problem solver with effective persuasion skills
- Ability to effectively trouble-shoot technical problems
- Ability to work independently; highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to show judgment and initiative
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet) and voice (telephone)
- Ability to overcome objections
- Ability to demonstrate a record of success in your sales career to date
- Knowledge of Business Telecom complexities
High school diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience – 2 years
Customer Service / Telephone sales experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.