Network Engineer II - Optical Network Design - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 05/23/2020 Requisition Number: 262948BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time
- Do you specialize in network engineering and improving the end-user experience through the development and implementation of network enhancements?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to guide the development of basic to intermediately complex network systems?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the planning of network architecture, design.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations and develop resolutions to network issues during implementation.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and implementing approved procedure methods.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation and improvement recommendations.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high complexity.
- Support tiers across the organization during program implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve departmental productivity.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project.
- Three or more years of data network experience
- In-depth data networking knowledge with the OSI Model, TCP/IP and optical transport
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for IEEE, ANSI, multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, UTP, bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred)
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred)
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.