Ops Effectiveness Analyst II (Financial Impacts)Apply Now Date posted 10/17/2019 Requisition Number: 250860BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Decision Sciences team operates as a consultative partner to a variety of functional business units within the Charter enterprise. We combine insightful analytics and problem solving to discover and present key findings in a way which improves Spectrum customer experience and enhances how we operate as a company. We are seeking talented analytics professional with a strong desire to work at the intersection of data, problem solving, human behavior, and business operations and who hunger to make a significant impact by owning and driving business outcomes. The right candidate will be adapt at building the financial models necessary to craft the narrative of the financial impacts of recommendations made by the Decision Sciences team and others within our organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build financial models to quantify ROI/ROA of initiatives and support adoption of proposed recommendations
Partner with analysts and business stakeholders to convert recommendations into accurate financial models
Translate data driven insights into supportable ROI calculations to assist decision makers
Leverage data to identify and quantify opportunities for operational efficiencies and cost savings
Make numbers consumable to those who don’t always understand the analytical details
Elicit and understand business requirements and executive metrics from stakeholders
Develop predictive and behavioral models for use in operational and executive decision making
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Proven ability to build financial or statistical models in R, Python or similar language
- Proven ability to build, mine and manipulate data with with SQL, HIVE or other data querying languages
- Experience w/ PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and arrive at a root cause
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present performance feedback effectively
- Excellent presentation skills with small- to medium-sized groups
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to work independently
- BA Degree in economics, finance, accounting or another field with quantitative roots and demands
- 3+ years in providing financial modeling, capital investment modeling, or budgeting at a Fortune 500 company
- 3+ years of experience in Telecommunications, Finance, or Marketing
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Project Management
- Speech Analytics Platform
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.