Spectrum Networks Producers are passionate about community and connection, which broadcasting brings together in unparalleled ways. When we talk about dedication to the craft, we’re talking about engaging viewers with diverse viewpoints and accurate, compelling, high-quality storytelling. We focus on delivering local and regional content to our communities, paying special attention to the stories that matter most to viewers. Flexibility, creativity, and strong editorial judgement are the hallmarks of success in Spectrum Networks. As a Producer, use these qualities to influence and inspire.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Multilevel Opportunities
- Company Perks
What makes a successful Spectrum Networks Producer?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
Hear from Our Team
I have worked for Spectrum for nearly three years, first as a weekend morning News Producer and now as a Special Projects Producer, and I feel like my future with Spectrum Networks is limitless. It’s exciting to be involved in new endeavors, and I’m grateful to be a part of it. We’re providing customers with dynamic original content, documentaries, and specials tailored to their own communities. Our leaders are a source of inspiration and always open to helping others grow. I appreciate the trust they show in me and the creative liberty they give me. Every day is different and my team is right there with me for the ride.– Victoria, Special Projects Producer
Spectrum Networks does an amazing job reaching out to people, whether it’s delivering stories that matter to our customers on a 24/7 basis or joining community-wide housing and charitable projects. We can do things no other networks can, and I think that makes this a really special place. People can count on us. It’s a supportive environment. I know my managers are there for me, willing to work with me and catch me if I need help. They aren’t afraid to let me try something new. There are opportunities to learn from the best and chances to put my skills to the test, all with the comfort of knowing I have a strong group next to me. There’s nothing to lose and plenty to gain.– Brogan, Producer
Behind the Scenes at Spectrum Networks
‘In Focus’ Delivers Thought-Provoking Content for Spectrum Networks
A Day in the Life: Spectrum Sportsnet
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
Access Discounted Company Services
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 05/16/2020 Requisition Number: 262847BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Content Development, News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and
- Create dynamic political news coverage
- Create video/audio elements, graphics and timing to construct a show as well as coordinating daily political coverage plans for Texas
- Work to incorporate our political team into the newscast product
- Produce special programming as needed
- Generate story and coverage ideas on a daily and long-term basis
- Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Ability to anticipate situations, meet strict deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Pro-active with demonstrated enthusiasm in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
- Basic editing skills
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or comparable television work experience
- 2+ years of Producing experience in television
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.