Sr Designer, Virtual Sets- Spectrum Networks AustinApply Now Date posted 11/16/2020 Requisition Number: 268278BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Design, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Senior Designer of Virtual Sets, will be responsible for the design, development, and management of virtual and augmented reality news set pieces using Zero Density (Unreal engine renderer) for Spectrum Networks. Additionally, the Senior Designer will facilitate the operational workflow between sets and control rooms, working closely with all necessary stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Work closely with all levels of news and creative services teams to plan and develop virtual sets across Spectrum Networks.
- Lead virtual set development, design, texture and light for a variety of uses.
- Utilize creative skills and technology expertise to develop animations for augmented reality.
- Create, maintain, expand and update virtual sets on a consistent basis.
- Adhere to the Spectrum Networks style guide in all co-branded materials.
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment.
- Ensure total quality of visual solutions.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders across Networks updating in the development and management of sets.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced in C4D and Adobe suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong broadcast design experience
- Ability to work under daily deadline pressure while demonstrating strong design skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and ability to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Strong creative, artistic conceptualization and judgment skills
- Knowledge of Zero Density or other VR/AR platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 + year 3D design and animation
- Experience with Unreal Engine Preferred
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.