Sales Engineer II, National Accounts - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 02/07/2020 Requisition Number: 257554BR-1 Location: United States - Missouri - Ballwin Area of Interest: Sales Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a client-focused sales engineer familiar with evaluating a client’s networking requirements?
- Can you commit to a technical sales support position guiding national accounts through the selection of fiber services?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a driven and client-centric Sales Engineer, you simplify the networking needs of national clients through accurate technical pre-sales activities. You have strong persuasive writing abilities that showcase the efficiency of our innovative fiber services within a proposal. You possess a developed ability to evaluate a client’s networking requirements and provide a cost-effective combination of Metro Ethernet (MAN/WAN), Wave, internet, video, SIP and PRI solutions that align with their needs. You are passionate about educating clients and motivating them to share in your network technology enthusiasm.
You enjoy sharing your knowledge through the preparation and presentation of technical sales proposals for new and existing clients. Using your expertise and understanding of each client’s current and future networking needs, you outline solutions for their immediate issues readying them for upsell and renewal opportunities. You possess a keen ability to overcome technical obstacles to ensure a smooth installation and integration process for clients. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable traveling to assess client’s requirements across the Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report directly to Senior Manager of Sales Engineering, National Accounts for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Formal Training
- Be a poignant member of the sales team by supporting all procedures to achieve the monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Identify and highlight client improvement areas by performing a needs assessment and status evaluation of their current network.
- Entice clients by creating technical and product presentations, network designs, and formal proposal responses that align with their needs and provide follow-up consultations.
- Develop unique service offerings for Metro Ethernet, Internet, Wave, VOIP, PRI and Video standard and non-standard solutions through collaboration with Network Engineering, Operations and Product teams.
- Drive the sales process by serving as a subject matter expert on Spectrum Enterprise Data services and providing proof of concept to internal engineering and support organizations.
- Boost sales by developing technical and strategic responses for the requests for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP) and request for quote (RFQ).
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Maintain project compliance by adhering to state, national and company policies and procedures.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex Metro Ethernet, VoIP/SIP and MPLS solutions
- Skilled in data and voice communications and IP security strategies
- Detailed knowledge of converging technologies, VoIP/ SIP, IP-VPN, DWDM, MPLS/VPLS, Metro Ethernet and LAN/WAN integration
- History of designing and implementing complex Metro Ethernet, VOIP/SIP and MPLS solutions
- Proven track record of presenting technical information to high-level clients and executives
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change independently
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and provide recommendations
- Expert in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Experience in supporting large Enterprise clients and executives with high energy
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient in computer operating systems, equipment and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and the availability to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience (required)
- CCDA/CCNA certification, CCNP (preferred)
- MEF-CECP 2.0 (preferred)
- Vendor training or certifications (Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper, ADVA) (preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.