Strategic Account Representative in Government and Education – Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 10/21/2019 Requisition Number: 251603BR Location: United States - Missouri - Ballwin Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a strategic and client-focused sales expert proficient in the business needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a consultative sales position guiding institutions through the selection of fiber-based networking and managed solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
You are passionate about proactively pursuing new accounts while managing an existing portfolio. You have a keen ability for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to increase business and enhance the client experience. You flourish in an office environment and travel frequently to manage accounts within a specified footprint. You report directly to Strategic Sales Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an Additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Be a compelling member of the sales team through the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships to provide new fiber and coaxial-based telecommunication solutions for their fast-growing business needs.
- Set up successful sales by navigating government and education procurement processes.
- Entice clients by creating and presenting product proposals that align with their needs.
- Improve client satisfaction by traveling to client sites to manage field sales activities.
- Drive the sales process by identifying target markets, organizations and contacts for product portfolios.
- Maintain an accurate client database while building a network through referrals, prospecting calls, trade shows and peers.
- Qualify leads through the submission of a return on investment (ROI) and accompanying analyses.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision-makers.
- Maintain quality service and encourage retention through coordinated efforts with the Account Management Team, Sales Engineering and Marketing personnel.
- Three or more years of sales experience with a proven record as a top performer and closer
- Three or more years of industry experience with outside telecommunications related sales
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Quick learner that can apply knowledge in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and availability to travel using a reliable personal vehicle
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of experience in data, voice, cloud, video solutions or premise-based sales
- Experience working in, or working with, state/local government and/or education
- Strong network building, negotiation, and closing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Experience in business-to-business (B2B) and telephone sales including prospecting calls
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Telecommunications industry knowledge
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.