Advanced Video Engineer II - Video Support Center - CoreApply Now Date posted 01/08/2019 Requisition Number: 233486BR Location: United States - Colorado - Broomfield Zip Code: 80021 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications, Video Position Type: Full Time
The Video Support Center Core (VSCC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix team that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter Video Operations group. This team operates on the front lines for national and regional video device support for the entire Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for remotely troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining video services applications, CDN, and Linear Broadcast services
- Providing regional video device support Resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the nation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Able to work in a shifted 4/10, 24x7 operations environment
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris and Ericsson.
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Basic understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS & Smooth Streaming technologies.
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television Operator)
- Certification (current or past) in areas of expertise such as NCTI, SCTE, CCNA, a plus.
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors’ a plus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go