Internship, Inside Plant - Network Engineering GroupApply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 249086BR Location: United States - Colorado - Canon City Area of Interest: Internship, Network Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Intern
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under supervision perform HeadEnd and facility Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) inspections; ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and cooling is in compliance with TQA standards
- Assist with monitor services for quality delivery assurance.
- Perform analog and digital RF channel level measurement and quality testing.
- Follow “Did I?” checklist and perform daily checks to ensure ISP Equipment functionality.
- Under supervision maintain awareness of network activities affecting local elements.
- Assist with troubleshoot video, communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Learn basic set up and operation of headend equipment including but not limited to RF distribution, signal processors, modulators, demodulators, IRD's and IRT's.
- Assist with Ethernet cabling installation - follow proper engineering practices for the preparation, routing and termination of CAT 5 and/or CAT 6 cabling.
- Under supervision install fiber cabling - follow proper engineering practices for the preparation, routing and termination of various types of fiber connectors in both multi-mode and single mode applications.
- Assist with installation and alignment of various types of off-air antennas for VHF and UHF television and radio reception.
- Work on projects / systems / issues of basic to moderate complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Utilize ISP Workforce management tools
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field, or Associate Technical vocational program at an accredited school.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, electronics, and Critical Systems (Generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, DC Plant, Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries, Critical Cooling Systems, Fire Suppression, Monitoring Systems)
- Some knowledge of RF and IP technologies, Video Networking, IP and DOCSIS and HFC design
- Able to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches & screwdrivers
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as ladders) within the maximum limitations of that equipment.
- Field Work environment
- Computer room environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.