Major Account Executive in Government and Education – Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 03/26/2020 Requisition Number: 257360BR Location: United States - California - Cerritos Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a strategic and client-focused sales expert familiar with the needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a consultative sales position guiding businesses through the selection of fiber-based networking and managed services?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Be an effective member of the Sales team through the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships within named accounts to develop product solutions for their complex business needs.
- Set up successful sales by navigating government and education procurement processes.
- Entice clients by creating and presenting product proposals and benefits that align with their needs.
- Improve sales through the conceptualization and implementation of strategic sales plans.
- Drive the sales process by conducting face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective clients and upsell existing accounts.
- Self-generate leads by building a network through referrals, prospecting calls, trade shows and peers while maintaining an accurate client database.
- Qualify leads through the submission of a return on investment (ROI) and accompanying analyses.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision makers.
- Maintain quality service and encourage retention through coordinated efforts with the Account Management team, Sales Engineering and Marketing Personnel.
- Develop key sales skills by attending sales meetings and participating in training sessions.
- Three or more years of industry experience with outside telecommunications related sales
- Five or more years of business-to-business (B2B) sales experience with a proven record as a top performer and closer
- Strong network building, negotiation, cold-calling and closing skills
- Ability to conduct consultative analysis and quickly provide recommendations
- Deadline-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Quick learner that can apply knowledge in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and the availability to travel in a reliable personal vehicle
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of experience in data, voice, cloud, video solutions or premise-based sales
- Experience working in, or working with, state/local government and education organization
- Familiar with Salesforce, ICOMS/CSG or other billing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Experience in B2B and telephone sales including prospecting calls
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Analytical and coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with the Spectrum Enterprise product suite and culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.