2020 Spectrum Intern: Project Management AnalystApply Now Date posted 09/09/2019 Requisition Number: 248897BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Business Development, Human Resources, Internship, Project Management Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Data Science
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Improve current predictive analytics model being developed by conducting analyses and metrics driven review of where/how the model can be improved
- Perform data analyses of our customer communication plan and bring visibility to operational failures
- Review documentation on the External Information Library site on SharePoint, comparing the existing older documentation and determining if it need to be updated to the department's new format or archived.
- Work with functional area subject matter experts (SMEs) to validate that workflow and processes are accurate
Potential titles may include
- Project Management Analyst
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail skills
- Project and time management skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.