2021 Summer Intern: Leadership DevelopmentApply Now Date posted 10/13/2020 Requisition Number: 268939BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Communications, Human Resources, Intern Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated Masters-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Human Resources
- Organizational Development
- I/O Psychology
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include:
Summer activities will vary across Leadership Development and Organization Effectiveness. Projects may include supporting the design and maintenance of leadership development resources to be leveraged by HR Partners and business leaders; survey design and interpretation; accessing/interpreting data insights to communicate the team’s business impact; other projects in support of the team or HR leaders company wide.
- Assist with the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of Leadership programs for various business units.
- Assess data to help measure the impact of leadership programs across the organization
- Assist with the management of small and large-scale projects to help deliver solutions based on identified learning and development needs of leaders of various levels
- Make recommendations on how to improve and enhance existing leadership development content
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Ability to communicate orally and write in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project and time management skills
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.