2021 Summer Intern: Organizational EffectivenessApply Now Date posted 10/07/2020 Requisition Number: 268716BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Human Resources, Intern Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated Masters-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Human Resources
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include:
Varied exposure to Organization Effectiveness/Leadership Development (OE/LD) programs and projects including employee survey/analysis, talent review data analysis, performance management process design, and Development Planning.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Master’s Degree or PhD
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; data management, analysis, and interpretation skills; skill in conducting qualitative research, such as benchmarking, interviews, and focus groups; attention to detail; project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion demonstrated via energy levels, enthusiasm, creativity and commitment
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry is desired
- Must practice good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.