Billing Analyst IApply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248636BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Position supports all activities related and concerning to the billing platform including but not limited to: researching functionality inquiries, researching enhancement requests and providing support for billing system releases and upgrades. Analyze systems for ongoing performance improvements at user and system levels. This position has interaction with Charter personnel, billing vendors, and other external contacts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Apply knowledge of the billing platform and products.
Utilize knowledge of Charter services and products.
With direction, maintain and perform updates to parameters on the billing platform (production, training and test).
Review and validate parameter updates and configuration as required to ensure continuity and system integrity.
Research and respond to internal customer requests.
Support testing efforts in the test environment.
Support testing for enhancements prior to implementation to ensure daily operations are not adversely impacted.
Perform research and respond to inquiries from all areas of the organization.
Participate in billing system release/upgrade activities and assume a support role for scheduled releases.
Maintain and perform updates and configuration as required to support external applications.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- 1-3 years of Billing System platform experience including but not limited to: parameter entry, and product and pricing structure.
- Fundamental understanding of billing platform workflows, and related functionality.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities.
- Demonstrable research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high change environment to meet timelines.
- An approach to teamwork that fosters communications and collaboration.
- 2-4 years of experience related to database reporting tools, Macros, queries, SQL and Microsoft Office products
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of cable television industry
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of Supporting, testing and documenting various information technology
- Office environment
- Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.