Business Intelligence Analyst - MediaApply Now Date posted 02/14/2020 Requisition Number: 256595BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Finance and Accounting, Research and Development, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for supporting and managing a program of business unit-focused initiatives designed to help business partners drive value from information. The role will contribute to Charter’s success by ensuring business needs and goals are realized through analysis and reporting activities of the Business Intelligence Group. Responsible for supporting the Manager of Business Intelligence to empower business leaders with concise, high-quality information, helping them leverage it to identify and address business opportunities and threats. Provide consultation on the interpretation of data to various business partners throughout the organization.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Instill best practices across the company using Business Intelligence tools and philosophies from front line employees to executive leadership
- Provide expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of business data relevant to the business unit
- Communicate data nuances and insights to all levels of the company in a clear and concise manner
- Utilize the user group forum to share best practices around analytical findings based on the analysis conducted
- Manage detailed project plans used to drive successful project completion. Including gathering detailed business requirements, process requirements, establishing definitions and gaining approval
- Provides in-depth technical expertise with all aspects of the solution design and implementation, including requirements definition, data acquisition processes, data modeling, process automation, escalation procedures, construction and deployment
- Identify solutions to enhance the existing Business Intelligence infrastructure processes and technology.
- Create forecast models for business leaders on the future performance of the business
- Leverage expert knowledge of Business Intelligence capabilities and deep familiarity with business trends identifying opportunities and threats
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment
- Perform other duties assigned by management
- 2+ years of experience in data, analytics and/or data management.
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Prior experience and passion for leveraging data to drive significant business impact
- Demonstrated experience with reporting/Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy preferred)
- Ability to speak to large groups
- Advanced presentation skills
- Ability to perform critical thinking in the area of data analysis and process
- Strong team and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead and mentor
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a good understanding of database concepts and SQL skills
- Experience working with one or many BI platforms
- Media/Ad Sales experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research or other quantitatively-focus field or equivalent education and/or work experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.