Inside Sales Representative – SMB Retention
Charlotte, North Carolina
Are you ready for your next big opportunity? Spectrum delivers advanced TV, Internet and Voice services across the country, and our Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB role could be your perfect fit. Join our sales team in interacting with small and mid-sized business customers and helping them to understand program options, resolving service concerns, and securing agreements.
- Full Time
- Reliable Work Shift
What makes a successful Spectrum Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
This position allows me to be authentic, to have great conversations with our business customers to find out what their needs are and make the best recommendation possible!Msanda, Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB
I enjoy talking to business owners and understanding their needs. I love what I do because I get to learn so many different things about our company and about other business industries.Nelson, Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB
Inbound Sales & Retention
Learn more about our range of residential, small and midsized business (SMB), and retention representative positions.
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our organization is filled with a diverse group of hardworking people.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Check out our video and learn what it’s like to be a Spectrum Business Retention Representative!
We encourage the continued education and development of our employees and recognize development through education is an integral part of personal and professional growth.
Charter will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Health Benefits, Life Insurance, and Disability
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision), Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
Paid Training and Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Paid Time Off, Vacation and Sick Time
Receive $3,500 in additional ramp pay over your first six months
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 06/08/2019 Requisition Number: 241732BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Customer Service, Sales Position Type: Full Time
- Full-time, junior and mid-level sales and support role emphasizing customer relationship-building and product knowledge for small and mid-sized businesses (SMB) in the communications and entertainment technology space. Advancement potential and additional commission bonuses.
- Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB: An analytical, persuasive communicator and good listener with a competitive, goal-oriented character ready to learn a variety of programs and platforms, comfortable in a busy office environment.
- Benefits include paid training and time off, comprehensive health packages, free Spectrum services, tuition reimbursement and more.
What is the Inside Sales Representative – SMB Retention role?
As an Inside Sales Representative – Retention SMB, you’ll learn the art of active listening. Use your way with words to engage callers, reinforcing the range and power of Spectrum’s unique products and their value to customers all over the country from one of our comfortable modern call centers. Provide exceptional service by promoting our campaigns and saving plans. Alleviating customer concerns and bringing them around to value-added plans will be your specialty as you seamlessly transition between conversation and computer billing and requisition programs. As a diplomatic specialist, you’re all about appealing to SMB customers with data and tact, promoting our customized telecom solutions for each company’s unique position. You’ll even collect commission bonuses for your qualified core upgrading efforts, which can boost your salary to six figures.
It’s all about learning and growing
This may be a new road for you, but the journey is all mapped out. With lots of peer and mentor support, our fully paid training programs shape our Inside Sales Representatives – Retention SMB into quick-thinking authorities who understand businesses and all the ways Spectrum can improve the SMB customer experience. We’ll bring you up to speed on Spectrum’s full line of business-centric solutions – and our competitors’ products – in about a month, including telephone, data, wireless, and video. As products are updated, so are you, so you can pass that knowledge on to your customers.
With a deliberate path to success
We know that the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. Most of our supervisors started as Representatives themselves, proving that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Peer-to-peer mentoring and regular coaching sessions ensure you feel supported and have everything you need to succeed. Get in on the ground floor at a Fortune 100 company and see how far you can go.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services, education assistance, child care discounts, and a selection of other programs to help support you and your family.
What’s required to get started?
Our Inside Sales Representatives – Retention SMB minimum requirements are:
- B2B sales experience, preferably selling data, voice, cloud and/or video solutions with ideally two years of Telecommunications or Premise Based Voice and Data product sales
- Experienced high performing sales professional with a proven track record of results over an extended period
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straight forward and professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet) and voice (telephone)
- Ability to effectively trouble-shoot technical problems
- Excellent skill in adaptability, high impact communication, multi-tasking, reasoning, and tolerance for a structured work environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to empathize with the customer
- Problem solver with effective persuasion skills
- Ability to overcome objections
High school diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience – 2 years
B2B, Customer Service / Telephone sales experience
CSG billing software experience preferred
Strong sales level knowledge of complex services (Hosted Voice, Cloud Services) is preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.