Instructional Designer - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 02/13/2020 Requisition Number: 254868BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Development, Human Resources Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a client-focused instructional designer talented in supporting company objectives through the creation of engaging training curricula?
- Can you commit to a motivational position developing high-quality training programs for roles across the company?
- Do you desire competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Instructional Designer, you author our meeting handbooks and ensure teams exceed client expectations. Your passion is designing, developing, and effectively implementing curricula and programs that inspire and train team members. You propel staff and growth development by conducting needs assessments, selecting impactful instructional models and designing exciting instructional content. You continuously improve the instructional material through reviews and consultations with subject matter experts.
You excel at curating content into a logical progression and teaching company experts how to generate and share their own content. You maximize training by participating in instructional design projects to evaluate training content and ensure its alignment with business objectives. You thrive in an office position developing and refining training instructions for positions across the Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report directly to the Sr. Manager of Curriculum Design for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Childcare Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Enhance company-wide business performances through collaboration with senior leadership and subject matter experts to create learning objectives and design engaging learning content.
- Boost training participants to new heights through the design and development of high-quality and informative learning materials.
- Ensure learning objectives are being met for each session through regular reviews of training materials.
- Incorporate current industry information from subject matter experts and stakeholder feedback to provide enhancements and revisions to existing materials.
- Continuously improve training materials by maintaining current knowledge of latest industry trends, tools and processes.
- Craft quality deliverables that meet business needs by working with assigned Learning and Development staff, managers and directors.
- Support the success of learning projects by actively participating in or facilitating in-person or virtual meetings including train-the-trainer sessions.
- Drive the project development of training content by maintaining an accurate status of projects, milestones and tasks using the team tracking tool.
- Mitigate training project risks through a detailed diagnosis and escalation of issues to appropriate Learning and Development leaders and stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Two or more years of instructional design and development or equivalent experience
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and organize information
- History of interacting with the public in a professional manner
- Track record of leveraging foundational digital learning tools, delivery methods and platforms with minimal direction
- Proven ability to use standard templates across design tools, delivery methods and platforms to complete assigned work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, adult learning or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Certification in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or a related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.