Lead Test EngineerApply Now Date posted 10/28/2020 Requisition Number: 269495BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Information Technology, QA/Testing Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for designing and developing tests and test frameworks. Works on projects of high complexity within one or more test/development environments and on multiple programs/systems/applications as a project lead. Involved in reviewing test plans, writing manual and automated test cases/scripts and test execution. Actively looks for solutions to automate test cases early in the test life cycle. Responsible for documenting test methodology to ensure the delivery of quality products. Considered a subject matter expert for multiple programs/systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Provide test and test automation architectural direction and leadership. Provides mentorship and technical guidance to other testing team members
- Define automated testing best practices, code standards, processes and procedures, including frameworks to standardize testing automation
- Develop automation testing strategies and estimation models to plan test schedules based on project scope or delivery dates
- Identify and implement automated testing tools and infrastructure, managing tool upgrades and determining license needs and costs
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Actively and independently acquires and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
- Perform both back end system and front end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Perform quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed
- Ensure alignment between business operational strategies and quality assurance of our products
- Diagnose highly complex issues and evaluates, recommends and executes the best resolution
- Develop, modify, enhance and implement test plans designed to support new or evolving business initiatives
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficient in test tools (HPQC, TestRail, etc.,)
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal): ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
- Ability to work well with shifting priorities
- Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources
- Keen attention to detail
- Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of database schemas and querying tools
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
- Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of test automation framework and tools
- Ability to lead a team through effective delegation, training, conflict management and motivation
- Extensive experience leading teams
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
7 years system development and/or business experience with coding, testing and design.
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.