Principal Engineer I - PeopleSoftApply Now Date posted 01/15/2020 Requisition Number: 256569BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's PeopleSoft HRMS and CRM systems and database design. Works with Human Resources Technology teams on system design and configuration. Works with development teams, application admins and advises team leaders on code design, architecture and system configuration.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the user experience.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft architecture and software capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of software development and implementation standards and protocols
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related field or related work experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred
Related Work Experience
5 - 10 years Engineering work experience
5 - 10 years Project management work experience
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of cable industry, company products and services
Knowledge of Oracle applications and databases
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.