Sr. Billing Design AnalystApply Now Date posted 10/30/2019 Requisition Number: 250636BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Senior Billing Design Analysts are responsible for analysis, documentation, and creating billing solutions for both ICOMS and CSG billing systems. Senior Billing Design Analysts will ensure billing solutions meet specified and approved requirements from our internal customers as well as Billing Executive leadership. This position includes documenting high-level solutions, performing testing of the solution, documenting the configuration, submitting developer requirements (if required), and providing technical billing subject matter expertise and support of billing solution launches. Senior Billing Design Analysts will work closely with Billing Design Analysts and provide guidance and expertise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works intimately with business owner/requestors or design architecture on understanding requirements and documenting requirements.
Develops and documents billing solutions including process flows.
Understands all order entry processes and procedures and business rules within the company.
Works with Data Standards, requests data standard codes, and ensures we are following data standard guidelines.
Performs analysis on billing systems, billing data, and processes in order to determine the best billing design and solution.
Investigates and performs root cause analysis for complex billing system issues.
Runs queries and pulls billing data to support analysis and billing design.
Designs solutions for MEC (Master Enterprise Catalog) to support the Gateway system.
Creates and documents billing system configuration guides.
Perform other duties a requested by supervisor.
Makes recommendations based on data for process improvement and strategic business decision making.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong Communicator (written and verbal): ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to conduct presentations in front of an audience (could include Executive Leadership)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/requests/assignments
- Knowledge of industry requirements used to support end user cable, data, and telephony billing
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Knowledge of systems used by Cable and/or Telecommunications industries to support billing, customer services, and accounting activities
- Proficient in Microsoft desktop products including Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Project
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions
- Ability to document process flows
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics from a four-year college university or related field, equivalent training, education and experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 4+ years of Business/Process Analysis work experience
- 4+ years of Billing system code configurations (including prerequisites)
- 4+ years of Billing system experience related to campaigns, rates, packages, taxes
- 4+ years of Database reporting tools, queries, SQL, macros
- 4+ years of ICOMS/CSG experience preferred
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma Tools
- Office environment
- Travel less than 10% of the time
- Vision ability close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.