Sr Manager, Software Development - MediaApply Now Date posted 08/29/2019 Requisition Number: 245033BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Cloud Engineering, Development, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Spectrum Reach’s Data team is seeking a Sr Mgr, Software Development who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. In this role, you will build and lead the teams responsible for designing and building our next generation data products. You should be an experienced manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs. If you are a hands-on leader who is passionate about software delivery and are interested in making an outsized impact in an organization that values data as its top priority, this is the role for you.
- Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement.
- Develop a collaborative culture that embodies both industry best practices and Spectrum Reach values.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to build and develop teams.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners.
- Highly motivated self-starter with bias to action and passion for delivering high-quality software.
- Experience leading teams in a Agile/Scrum environment.
- Attention to detail and quality with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong passion about automation, testing, and code quality.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Software Engineering experience 5+
Leadership experience 3+
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Experience in a data engineering or working with datasets larger than 100 terabytes
Experience with Linux systems and cloud environment (AWS)
Experience with Scala or TypeScript
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.