Sr. Producer, DigitalApply Now Date posted 07/07/2017 Requisition Number: 199315BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for a Sr. Digital Content Producer to take a leadership role in helping oversee the direction of spectrumlocalnews.com and associated digital properties of Spectrum News North Carolina/Texas. The successful candidate will work in-step with the executive producer of digital and news management to coordinate a thorough and efficient workflow for producing content on multiple digital platforms. The role includes overseeing the day-to-day work of digital content producers and assisting in developing strategies for building and maintaining various social media properties.
- Manage and prioritize news content under direction of digital executive producer.
- Participate in editorial meetings and provide story ideas in addition to creating digital content plans to be adapted for multiple platforms.
- Coach and collaborate with reporting staff to take advantage of the presentation of their stories both on website and on social media.
- Copyedit and coach Digital Content Producers to improve quality of presentation and production of articles and social media posts.
- Copyedit on-air scripts correcting for accuracy, clarity, factual content, grammar and spelling while maintaining editorial standards and reporter's personal style.
- Regularly review web metrics and adjust content to optimize the display of the site to viewer interests.
- Work collaboratively with the digital management team across the Spectrum News footprint on items including Web development, editorial projects, sales and marketing initiatives, social media and data analysis.
- Work with producers and assignment editors to aggressively pursue new, interesting and developing stories and use news judgment to effectively prioritize when and how they are presented across all platforms.
- Plan and build special site sections and features that highlight coverage, link platforms and encourage user engagement.
- Engage audiences across sites and platforms utilizing various tools including text and email alerts, push notifications in addition to other tools and services, including Interacting with followers on various social media platforms.
- Apply SEO techniques to increase visibility of content.
- Operate a suite of software that includes the Dalet newsroom management system, Adobe CQ web content management system, computer-based video encoding and image capture applications, and various third party tools.
- Ability to work well collaboratively and communicate effectively with editorial, technical, creative and administrative personnel, maintaining a positive work atmosphere for your team.
- Strong writing and editing skills are essential including knowledge and adherence to AP style. Organizational skills are essential to success.
- Must be technically savvy, and have excellent computer skills and internet search techniques.
- Knowledge of best practices on professional journalism social media accounts.
- Has a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop, web scripting, and FTP.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and in a deadline driven environment.
- Must show strong news judgment and play an active role in news gathering, including reacting quickly to breaking news/severe weather and making commonsense decisions under the pressure.
- This position is full-time and may require you to work shifts that include holidays, nights and/or weekends.
- Must be a self-starter and able to form personal profession goals that are in line with the strategy of the supported platforms.
- Responds attentively to viewer emails regarding content and technical questions.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. Degree in Communications, Journalism, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years online media publication or production writing desired.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go