Systems Analyst / EngineerApply Now Date posted 07/25/2019 Requisition Number: 241281BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Charter Advanced Mediation and Rating (AM&R) systems supports rating and tracking of customers phone usage. The Network Operations Support - Systems Engineer II will provide operational support for the AM&R systems. The engineer will design, develop and configure tools, such as dashboards and monitoring solutions, to assist with analysis of key performance metrics of the AM&R systems, applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Additionally, this role is responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for Application Administration of OSS applications supporting all Charter Divisions. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Creates work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization and release management
- Develops of core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains OSS applications including operating systems and related software
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Works with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades
- Designs and implements change control policies and disaster recovery plans
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Assist with the design and construct of enhancements of monitoring tools
- Generates reports on server and application for availability and performance
- Represent the Advanced Mediation and Rating operations team in key meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Strong IT background with key understanding of UNIX, Linux, Shell Scripting, python, networking essentials such as TCP/IP, routing, firewall concepts, strong SQL skills, and experience working in an Oracle environment.
- Ability to translate monitoring metrics into reports and impacts to operations.
- Capable of translating post mortems into actionable work items executing on them.
- Strong ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Strong ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Strong ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Strong ability to troubleshoot application problems
- Broad knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools
- Broad knowledge of OSS applications and software
- Broad knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience; May require Industry Standard Certifications
Related Work Experience
3 to 5 years Application Development experience in relevant areas
2 to 3 years Network OSS application experience
2 to 3 years System Administration experience
2 to 3 years Database support and development experience
2 to 3 years Experience in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
Related Work Experience
5 plus years Application Development experience in relevant areas
3 plus years Network OSS application experience
3 plus years System Administration experience
3 plus years Database support and development experience
3 plus years Experience in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
'On Call' support, on a rotation basis
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.